Friday, February 5, 2010

Show Us Your Life




Today's "Show Us Your Life" topic - Beauty Tips and Favorite Products. I am by far no expert but I have found what I like and that is pretty much what I stick with. I love to try new products but I always go back to the ones I have listed here. They just work for me.


I have always had really bad acne, even now as an adult, I still struggle with it. The only soap I use on my face is Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. I love it! I have been using it since I was 15. It helps clear up my face but does not dry it out.






After I wash my face at night I use a prescription product, Epi Duo. I am not just ridiculously pleased with it but, I guess it helps. In the morning, I exfoliate. For this I use, St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Acne Prone Skin. My skin feels so smooth and soft after I use this and I feel like it helps eliminate blackheads.
Once I have cleansed and exfoliated, I moisturize. For this, I like Cetaphil moisturizer. It also has SPF 15, which is nice. It is also very light weight and has no fragrance. Matt also uses it but don't tell him I mentioned this. He has very sensitive skin and this product really helps it.


Oddly enough, as picky as I am about what I use to wash, exfoliate, moisturize and treat my face, I am not nearly as picky about my make up. For foundation and powder, my favorites are Clinique Superfit Foundation and the Blended Face powder. The combination is not heavy but, provides the coverage I need.




For my eyes, I am using MAC -Solar Bits. It looks like crushed up eye shadow. It is a bit messy but, looks really pretty once it is on. I feel like mascara is super important. Right now, I love Covergirl Lash Blast in the orange tube. It makes my lashes look long and full but does not clump up. As far as blush and eye liner go, I just use whatever I feel like will look good which changes daily.


Another product I love is OPI nail polish. It has become the only brand I use. The colors are so pretty and they go on and stay on really well. Right now, I love the super dark colors. I just feel put together when my nails are painted.

As far as my hair goes, as long as I have a straightener and a round brush, I am good to go, nothing too specific here.






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sisters always use the apricot scrub- I'm too lazy.. I just use one facewash everyday that can get make up off and wash my skin :) Your boys are sweet!

    ReplyDelete