Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simple Pleasures

A few weeks ago, I stumbled across Kelly's Korner. I have never met this woman but, I really like her. She has a cute blog with over 6,ooo followers! How does that happen? Anyway, I occasionally look at her blog to see what she hast posted. Today her topic was "simple pleasures". As I was reading, I began thinking of all the little things that make me so happy.

When my child comes and hugs me just because.
Sweet baby kisses.
Clean, warm sheets.
Naps on rainy days.
A clean car.
Family game night.
New socks.
A good coke in a Styrofoam cup.
When my husband does bath time.
The whole family in bed on Sunday morning.
The way it smells when you come home and dinner has been in the crock pot all day.
Seeing my children laugh together.
I hope you are able to find a few simple pleasures in your life today. I feel like these are the things that make us truly happy. The big things are nice but, they can be few and far between. It is the simple things that keep us going.

3 comments:

  1. Ok this is really weird.... I found you through the Kelly's Korner simple pleasures linky but I know you in real life. What are the chances? I had no clue you were a blogger! I love blogging! I will have to stop by more often and see what is happening in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the smell of food cooking in a crock pot, it is especially nice if you have forgotten that you put something in the crock pot.

    ReplyDelete