Saturday, January 30, 2010

Not So Bad


So here we are, day 2 of being "iced in". While I am bored out of my mind, I am also so very thankful that we never lost power and that all the people I love are safe and warm. I have used the time at home to catch up on all my cleaning and laundry. Though from the way my house looks now you would never know it. It is funny how just one child can wreck a house so quickly. I guess he is tired of being cooped up too and he is having fun so, I am trying not to worry too much about the mess right now.

As I sit here and look out at the ice, I am reminded of how minor our situation really is. We still have clean water and medical care. We know where our children are and that they are safe. We can see the end. I am humbled as I think about the people of Hati and what they are having to deal with. We are upset because we are stuck in our houses. Their houses are gone. We are upset because our favorite restaurant is closed. They have no food. Looking at the grand scheme of things we still have so much to be thankful for. This ice really is just a minor inconvenience compared to what others are having to face. I am going to try and remember this each time I begin to get frustrated today because I am stuck in my house. Each time I think about how awful the ice is, I am going to say a prayer for the people in Hati and those all over the world that are actually having to deal with disaster. I will remember that I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment