Thursday, January 21, 2010

And the Award Goes To...


Here are the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
Copy the award & place it on your blog.
Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
Nominate 7 bloggers.
Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
*****
OK, well here it goes. I am so very new to the blogging world and most definitely new to getting a blog award. Who even knew there was such a thing...
*****
Well, I must certainly say that I am honored that my wonderful sister-in-law/friend, Candice at The Perfect Pair would think to nominate me for this award. Thanks so much Candice! I was completely surprised to see my name under the 7 people you nominated. Now, I am supposed to tell you all seven interesting things about myself...
*****
1. I have a major problem with chipped nail polish. If my nail polish is chipped I can't function until I have either fixed it or taken off my polish. I mean really, this is a problem. The other day, I had to run home and take my nail polish off before I went to school! I was on my way to school, turned around, went home and fixed my nail polish and went on with my day. How sad is that?
*****
2. I love most any dessert or candy. I will happily skip my meal and eat dessert. I can pretty much guarantee that if you come to my house there will be some sort of cake, candy or cookies. If I don't have dessert in the house I feel like I don't have any food.
*****
3. I can't sleep unless the house is picked up and the dishes are done. No matter how late it is or how tired I am, I will always pick up the house and make sure the dishes are done and the dishwasher started before I go sleep.
*****
4. A huge pet peeve of mine is when people (my husband) fall asleep on the couch. You know if you are tired enough to fall asleep. Go to bed!
*****
5. I hate when you are talking to someone or reading something someone has written and they use "I" instead of "me". I am sure they are just trying to use correct grammar and sound educated, but it really bothers me. That is not a picture of "the hubby and I" that is a picture of "the hubby and me". This is an elementry skill people.
*****
6. As soon as I get home, no matter what time of day it is, I put on my sweats. I can't stand to sit around the house in jeans or dress clothes. I like to be comfy.
*****
7. I do not like reality TV. I have yet to find a reality show that I can stand to watch. To me, there is not really anything real about people on those shows. They are put in a situation that is controlled by outside forces and is taped and edited. How is that real?
*****
Now, here are some people I would like to nominate for this award. I don't have 7 because, well, as I said earlier, I just started blogging. I don't know 7 people to nominate but, I will do what I can.
*****
First, I want to nominate my little sister, Jessica at Penny Thoughts. She is a beautiful person. I am so very proud of the woman she is becoming. I love you little one!
*****
Next, I would like to nominate my sister in law, Ana at A Nabs Photography. She is a really talented photographer.
*****
And sadly, that is all the people I can nominate right now. All the other blogs I follow have already been nominated! I guess I just follow some really wonderful ladies... so good job girls. I really enjoy reading all your posts. I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

1 comment: