Friday, January 8, 2010

"Baby It's Cold Outside"

My goodness it is cold outside. The worst part, no snow, just cold. When I went to pick Will up from school today the kids were just a bunch a hats, coats and scarves with eyes. It was actually really cute. It was one of those moments when I was reminded why I love being a mom. There is just something about kids so bundled up they can hardly move that makes me smile. I do have to admit that it will not break my heart to see the temps go above freezing. There is only so long we can handle this cold. I mean, we are after all, southerners.

And tonight my boys got to talk to Gram, my grandmother, on the phone. I never thought I would see the day that my kids would be able to talk on the phone to my grandparents. It was just another happy part of my day. It was really sweet to hear what they had to tell her. I am not entirely sure what they were saying but whatever it was that they were talking about it must have been important because they talked for a while. I hope that it made her as happy as it made me. She has always been my favorite grandmother and to see my boys love her just as much is just so special.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I hope that you are able to find some little things in your day that make you happy.

1 comment:

  1. I love when the girls talk to Gram. She's wonderful and even she dones't undersand what they are saying, she prentends, and then I hop on and tell her what was actually said.

    We have BITTER cold, below zeros, but we have snow:)

    ReplyDelete