Friday, April 23, 2010

How We Met



Show Us Your Life- How you met your husband

I love this topic. I love to hear how couples met! Some of these stories can be really interesting.

I met my husband Matt on a blind date. We were set up by my little sister and her boyfriend at the time (also named Matt).

I had just gotten out of a serious relationship. I really thought that guy was going to be "the one". It was really hard when I realized it just wasn't going to work. At that point, I just decided I was going to focus on Will and myself. I wasn't going to worry about trying to date someone. I was over the whole idea of relationships. I just figured it was going to be and Will and I was alright with that.

When my sister came home one night in early summer and said, "You need to go on a date with Matt." I told her I was good and didn't need to date anyone. She laughed and left it at that (for a minute). She continued on and on all summer about this guy named Matt. She really talked him up. Finally, just to get her to be quiet I told her she could give him my number. (I did this thinking he would not actually call.)

Then, one night in August, hed called. I didn't answer. He left a message. It went something like, "Hey! This is Matt. I got your number from your sister. You can call me back." Then for some reason, I called back. We talked for a minute then being the romantic guy he is, Matt said, "So, do you drink?" I laughed and said, "Sometimes.". "Well, do you want to go get a drink?" I told him that I was fine. I asked him where he wanted to meet. He insisted on picking me up. It was then I started to realize he was going to be different. My most vivid memory of that night is the huge grin he had on his face as I climbed in his truck.

We went out that night. I had a great time. It was so easy to talk with him. We found out we shared mutual friends. I had actually dated one of his best friends in high school. It was amazing we hadn't met before. He told me that night about the relationship he had been in for a while. I told him about Will. We talked about how neither one of us wanted anything serious. His exact words were, "I am going to do what I want. I don't want to have to call everyday..." I had a really good feeling when I got home. Seeing as how we both said we weren't looking for anything serious I really didn't expect him to call the next day. He did and we have been together ever since.

5 comments:

  1. so sweet!I love to hear stories on how people met, that might make me nosy but oh well! I need to link up and post my story of how Tim and I met. Maybe at naptime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet story! I also truly loved to learn about moose! Love that name. I have always wanted a malteese to call my own. We have a boxer and a jack russell right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think about the time that Matt came in to Ultra Tan and said "hey, listen to this message..." It was from you of course, and you were just saying hey and that you had a good time, but he wanted me to hear how "sweet" your voice was hahaha! I'm glad you gave in to the blind date :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh your sister must be really great. Good thing you listened to her. How does that saying go? "Little sisters know best"? Yep. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading how people met their other half!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    You'll have to make that strawberry cake for your Mr.

    xoxo
    bB

    ReplyDelete