Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Only My Child

Once again, I am amazed by children. Today we went to the sprinkler park. Will had a blast. Ben was not so sure about the water. He liked it for a minute and then he was happy just sitting and watching everything. He finally decided he wanted to go play. As I stand up to accompany him on his journey, he says "You stay here". I think, sure thing buddy. Off he goes. He ends up on the other side of the sprinklers from me. For a while he just stands and observes. I notice him pulling at the draw string of his pants. I start running. I knew what was coming. Before I could get to him, his pants are down around his ankles and he is peeing! Right there for everyone to see. I grab him up and put him behind the nearest bush. In the process of doing this, we lose his shorts completely. So, as he finishes, I go back to get the shorts (Seriously like 10 feet). I then see my child running around with no clothes! He is laughing like it the funniest thing ever. I am just trying to catch him. I finally capture him and get him clothed. During this whole fiasco, there is a crowd of parents dying laughing and waving. Then, they cheer when I catch him. I guess if it weren't me I would be doing the same thing. It is always funny when it isn' your child.

7 comments:

  1. I'm just amazed by the stories I love reading all of them. Let me know if the boys and you want to come swimming one day just give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story. I am sure this will embarrass him when he is older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing only because this would happen to me! Just the other day both boys were in our front yard playing, I walk out to check on them and they BOTH have their pants down laughing! I have no clue what they were doing but I did know that we don't yet know our neighbors so I yelled for them to get inside! It has to be a boy thing and I pray that Adeline won't take note of this and try to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious! I'd love to see this on video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. too funny....did you go to the one in Collierville?? we love that one! call us next time and we will tag along!

    ReplyDelete