Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Wish I Hadn't Lost


This week's Wishful Wednesday topic is...

'I wish' .... I hadn't lost ______!!

This one really made me think. I have lost so many things over the years.

But, if there was one thing that I wish would show up tomorrow it would be the ring my daddy gave me.

My sophomore year of high school, I was having a terrible morning. I have no idea what was so bad. Whatever it was had me really upset. The rest of the day continued to go down hill. I called Daddy on my break and begged him to come get me. He said there was no way he could. Tearfully, I hung up the phone and finished the day. As always, he picked me up that afternoon. I started to cry as soon as I got in his truck. I tried to hide it. We rode home in silence. When I got home I went straight to my room. A few minutes later, daddy knocked on my door. I opened it and he handed me a little gift and left. I opened it. It was a ring! So pretty and such a sweet gift. The best was when I went downstairs to his office and asked him what it was for he just said, "You are my friend and you were having a bad day."

Link up with Kelsey and find your lost things!

No comments:

Post a Comment