Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Randomness

I must confess, I let my children have chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. I did insist that they have milk with them, which makes it sort of healthy, right? I just did not feel like fighting that battle this morning. Ben only ate once yesterday and woke up asking for them. So, of course I caved. Then, I couldn't let Ben have cookies and make Will eat breakfast. Thus, we had cookies for breakfast.

I just feel emotionally drained these days. As we get closer to the 15th, I am facing a huge reality. It is taking much more of a toll on me than I thought it would. I keep telling myself that this is nothing compared to what others deal with but, I am still having a hard time.

On a lighter note, we had a great weekend! We were able to hang out with our family and our friends and have a family day! Three day weekends are wonderful! For this next one, I need a drum roll...

BEN IS COMPLETELY POTTY TRAINED!!!!


I am just a little bit excited about this. No more diapers, not even at night! He is in big boy pants 24/7! Now, we just have to work on the peeing outside thing. I am having a hard time getting him to understand that he can't pee anywhere he wants just because he is outside. To him, any place outdoors is fair game.

I hope ya'll have a lovely day. I can't believe it is already Wednesday, another beautiful thing about a long weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to give in. Or just think of it as living a little :) And yay for the potty training! That's great news. I have a ways to go but already not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for Ben! Im ready for Lil Miss to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Ben being potty trained. My boys still have a hard time stopping what they are doing outside to walk all the ay inside and go to the bathroom. They think the nearest tree is just fine, who cares if they are facing the street or right next to the neighbors yard! It really embarrasses me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate chip cookies for breakfast is no worse than pancakes, doughnuts, or honey buns (Ella's personal favorite). Sometimes you just have to pick your battles. And milk totally makes it healthy!

    Congrats on the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey at least they can say my mom is so cool she let me have cookies for breakfast.lol And just because other people are going through their own struggles doesn't mean you don't have a right to feel worried, sad, or overwhelmed by it all. Everyone is entitled to their own feelings! :)

    ReplyDelete