Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Only 4 Days!

I can't believe Christmas is just 4 days away! I am so not ready... I still have gifts I need to buy and presents to wrap.

This weekend we did manage to finish up the shopping. Matt went with me and we just knocked it all out. That was a long night! I was so proud of my Mattie. He is usually a terrible shopper. I knew we had to get the kids' stuff finished that night. I was afraid that he would get tired, complain and make it hard to finish but he didn't!! He was actually a huge help... It really is the small things :)

The boys are of course super excited. I am afraifd this will be the last year Will believes in Santa. I can tell he is very skepitcal of the whole thing. He asks very specific questions and I am running out of answers. I guess we will just cross that bridge when we get there. I hate to think he is growing up. It has gone by so fast.

I hope to finish what I have left to do (other than the wrapping) today. I absolutely dread going anyhwere near the mall but it is unavoidable. I have set a deadline for myself. If it is not bought by today, I am not buying it. I have a tendency to just buy and buy right up until the last minute. I am not going to do it this year. I WILL STOP! I will enjoy the days before Christmas instead of rushing around.

I hope ya'll are enjoying the season and not stressing, too much :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Maegan! I believe Lexie and Will are just about the same age. This was her first Christmas knowing that Santa wasn't real. A few months before Christmas she started asking extremely specific questions and I could tell she was really doubting. At that point, it no longer felt like I was trying to keep things magical...and more like I was lying. So we told her and she wasn't upset and we still had a magical Christmas with presents and stockings, no Santa required. ;o)

    ReplyDelete